Monday, March 7, 2011

Spaceships and frustration

For a while now there has been something wrong. I could not put my finger on it. My life as a whole looked pretty damn good, at least from the outside. I have a stable job, two in fact. I have a girl who smiles at me and, as I recently found out, is just as silly as I am. My family is good and my friends as well. Yet there was something bringing me down. I felt as though Atlas was weakening and I too could feel his burden. It felt as if all my razors were being dulled and the sky wasn't as bright. I let little things, money, get to me. Some may have blamed the weather, but I have never been that person. I felt as though I couldn't make a fist.

Last night was the peak. I was working hard, too hard maybe. I say that because I am usually not that motivated to work on a Sunday. I sat down to make a song and it just wasn't working. I put that idea away and moved on to transporting myself to a new day. I went to sleep. When I awoke the feeling was still there. I carried it all through the day and it wasn't until I got home, ate, and blinked hard. I started making a song. I went back and forth on the style. After about two hours Stuttering Spaceships was born, and the smile came back on my face. My heartbeat rose and so did my spirit. So here is the solution. When I feel beat down, trodden upon, I need to sit down and create. Something needs to come from my fingertips, fists are not productive in this vain. So, enjoy what keeps me sane, what keeps my eyes open. Enjoy what I want to give.


http://soundcloud.com/contradictingcliche/stuttering-spaceship

The Bedroom Band

No comments:

Post a Comment