Sunday, November 28, 2010

I breathe

and I breathe and I breathe. Tonight, with a spark of creativity that exploded I tried and am trying to get it all out. I started a new art project *top secret* and worked on some music. I have this strange and sudden need to get some art out there, out into the world. I don't know what medium it will be, or if it will even have an impact. I just can't wait for the moment to have it out, then I can watch what the world does with it. Chew it up, embrace it. I don't care. I will have done my part, however small. I think I have the talent, I just need the patience. It all takes time. That is one thing I had failed to realize when I first started writing. I thought i could write it and be done with it. Now I know it has to simmer, until the boiling point. I can see everything in my head, but usually it is a split second. The hardest thing is capturing that perfection. You see it, but don't always have the opportunity to put it down how it needs. I do believe the greatest motivation is seeing what others have done and trying to eclipse it. I can stand in awe of the great accomplishments, for those I do have much respect, but this is where my competitive side comes out. Rarely do I want to admit to myself that I couldn't do what they did. Astronauts, on the other hand...

Now let me get this straight, I don't normally put this idea of myself out into the world. I am a very humble person (pause for irony.) I am writing this as kind of a challenge. It is too often that I forego creativity for simplicity. I encourage you not to do the same. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. It doesn't even have to exist after you create it. I just want you to get the same feeling as I have right now. This feeling that I can't control my fingers. That there is an inside force, finally escaping. That feeling where you breathe and breathe and breathe and you don't notice it. Do it and you will recognize your lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment