Saturday, March 27, 2010

An eventful week.

This week I went back to work. It was time. I had my week off and needed some structure. Wednesday I met a lady for a drink. Now, when I say lady I mean someone who is my age. I don't like to say girl, that just doesn't sound right. On the same token I don't like it when women say they are meeting a boy or they like a boy. It makes everything seem immature. They could say guy and that would work just fine. Anyway, I met this lady and we had a great time. Stayed late then at her house. Woke up at 8 and hoofed it home. Slept and went to work. While I slept, back at home, I had some amazing dreams. I'll expound on them later. I wrote most of them down, I just have to finish and paste it here. They were the type of dreams that connected, even though I woke up between them. Unfortunately, I missed the parts of the dreams that let me know how they were connected. Later that night, I went to Karaoke with the students. It was good. The time I spent there made it seem that I was there until three in the morning. But I did make it home around 11:30. That brings us to today. I taught a full day, met some new teachers and left with a overall positive feeling about the day. Then I met my friend to see a movie; Greenburg. I liked the movie; not too much but just enough of a story where we want to know what the hell is going on in the character's minds. What made me enjoy this movie more was the conversation afterward. We stopped for a drink, discussed the movie, discussed ourselves and discussed life. It's good to see that other people think the same things I do. I know this to be a universal truth but I do want it to be re-enforced, every once in a while. That's the great thing about Dave. He's always up for a conversation that doesn't fit into chit/chat. He looks for the deeper meaning in things, whether it be basketball, neurosis, or life. I like the side he brings out in me.

I am looking forward to see where my future is headed. And I think this might be the first time, at least in a while, I have sought out the thoughts that lead me to imagine what my life might be like in a few years. But usually never more than that. I'm only 27 for christ's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment