Sunday, January 17, 2010

Big Fan

So this movie has been widely recommended by many people and critics. I like Patton Oswald and have to say he did a great job in this film. He is better known for his stand up comedy and bit parts on sit-coms. It was good to see a departure for him. This got me thinking about the sports teams I follow. Growing up in Montana, I didn't have any ties to sports teams like those who grow up in a city. I have decided that this year I will root more for the Giants. I went to a few games last year and always had a good time, even if I was freezing my ass off. I will still support The Red Sox, but I have been here for almost two years and feel like I can claim them. The Niners are another story. We'll see. The Warriors, well you know how I feel about the warriors. I don't have nay memorabilia yet but did just order a San Francisco Seals hat. They were the minor league team with players like Joe DiMaggio and Lefty O'Doul. I will be sporting that for the first Giants game I go to.

On another note, I have decided that I will try and watch 200 movies this year. So far I have seen twelve. I am not counting movies I have already seen. I have the internet to look for movies and also netflix. I use the internet and theaters for newer movies, and I use netflix for older movies. I am open to suggestions of movies that you love, movies you think everyone should see and also movies I might have missed. The ones that fly under the radar are usually the best anyway. I appreciate your support on this quest. I wonder if there is a job where you get paid to watch movies?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks...there is...it is called a movie critic. Or maybe the people who place the ratings?

    ReplyDelete