Monday, January 11, 2010

Newscaster

I was watching, through my neighbor's window, Frank Somerville. Now most of you don't know who he is. He is one of the local newscasters. I thought about people who have grown up with him. Much like I grew up with Jill Valley, one of the local newscasters in Missoula. I couldn't imagine myself watching him in three, five or ten years. Now he may move on to bigger and better things but I doubt it. Then I realized that I couldn't imagine anything being consistent for more than a few years. Now, Frank Somerville really doesn't effect my life in any way. But he is part of the package that is my life in San Francisco. Don't get me wrong, I love my life here. I just don't think that right now I can imagine a future, any future. Sure there is a little freedom in that but also it could dampen anything that could come along and change my life for the better. If that includes the idea of staying here. I know possibilities are endless, but in the same respect couldm't a possibility mean staying here?

1 comment:

  1. "I was watching, through my neighbor's window, Frank Somerville."

    Two things:
    1. I know exactly who he is
    2. This is the greatest first sentence I've ever read in my literary existence

    ReplyDelete