Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I haven't been

sleeping that well lately. It seems to happen every year. Whatever I am doing to help me sleep doesn't work any more. Fun. I was thinking about this for the first time as a long term problem, something that I may have to deal with for the rest of my life. For the first time I have really started to think about what it will be like when I'm eighty.(Yes, to all you doubters who think I am unhealthy because of cigarettes and Rockstars, you will be proven wrong) I used to think this was just a phase, like growing pains. Then I thought that there were things in my life that impacted me to where my eyes are shut but my mind is active. People who say they can't sleep usually have something on their minds. They might be worrying about work, not me. The might worry about bills, not me. There is a multitude of things that keep people up. It seems that I really don't have that many problems. The irony is that I lose sleep because I am worried about not getting enough... that was a joke. My life is stress free, not carefree. I want, but worry not. The smiles I give, the smiles I cause and the smiles I see are enough to melt a lot of things away and make others worthwhile. Basically, I will not be able to sleep like a normal person. That is fine. I have accepted it. Time to move on. Time to find something to stress me out. Sometimes you just need a scapegoat. Time to go to the mountains (because that's where goats are.)

Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment