Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Warriors Suck

So, tonight I took 40 students and embarked on a trip to the East bay. We all had a great time, well I did. I rooted until the last seconds for a team down by ten. It felt good to get them all there and see them smile, shout and take pictures. Sure I got paid for it, but I can honestly say that I would have done it for free. It's great living in a city with a ball team, several, in different sports of course. I never knew it growing up, but I could see myself going to more and more games, if only I could rally more support in my heart.

On the way home we were privy to see some trash talking and threats being traded. I, along with most of the riders on BART, had no idea what they were fighting, or trying to fight, about. The students got a kick out it. They called it "real America." I laughed and nodded. While it was happening I had to make sure some of the girls got out of the way. They were just standing there in awe. Well, so was I.

All in all it was a good night. I look forward to the next time I can travel to the East bay and enjoy a good ass kicking, by the other team obviously.

Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment