Saturday, December 5, 2009

I don't remember San Francisco being this cold.

It may be because I have shaved my head but it feels bitter bitter cold. True, it is nothing like Montana and it might be the apartment I reside in but still it shivers me. Luckily, I have spent the last few hours looking for jobs in Spain. This means that soon I will be spending my time in a warmer climate, I am thinking about Barcelona. I think back to when I went to Spain for a class trip. It could have been Siberia but I feel in love with that country. Now I am older, wiser, can speak more Spanish and have the experience to go back. However, there is a hitch. It seems that I may need to get my TEFL certificate if I want a chance at all to teach over there. I have experience but they want to see that I have studied it, even if it is only for four weeks.

That brings me back to Japan. I am more than qualified to teach there. But they have cold winters as well, and I have been there. I was short changed and all but forced to leave. I feel there is a piece I left there, a piece I didn't even know I had. If I do go there I would be delaying the inevitable, and that would be the need to return to Spain, and I will need a TEFL course. Japan will be there after Europe. But I don't know how long that will be. Poor me, a wide open and worthy future, frown.

Even though it is cold as hell (ironic phrase), my shaved head does feel nice to touch. Enjoy the world. It's my gift to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment