Monday, December 28, 2009

I'm back

I am back in the city that I have truly grown to love. I saw my hometown, but it was completely different. It seems that everything that I hated about that town expanded. Its kitsch, all of it. They know they live in a small town so they play on that. It was a long week, but only due to the travel issues. Layovers in Vegas are a good idea, in theory.

As of now I haven't slept for thirty-four and a half hours. It will probably be another hour before I fall asleep. I look forward to sleeping n my own bed, it has been the only one I have ever chose and purchased. I look forward to seeing my students again. I look forward to hearing the comments on my beard. It is apparently wild. I think that when people look at me they think I don't care about what I look like, but it is the complete opposite. A person with a beard like mine shouldn't be grooming it with anything other than their fingers, which is a rule I have broken.

Also, it's nice to be able to walk for thirty minutes without the thought of death ever crossing my mind. Montana winters validate your mortality. Only three more days left in the year, make them count.

No comments:

Post a Comment