Thursday, November 19, 2009

I have a Fauxhawk now.

My watch has started slowing down. It isn't that noticeable, but when I wake up in the morning it is three or four hours behind. Now if I didn't know that time wasn't real I would probably be a little worried that I was slowing down. Or feeling some enormous pressure to complete something very important for the universe. So important that the universe has given me extra time. If this is a hint then I am missing it completely. The world is full of clocks and mirrors. That was the best thing I have ever heard come out of Danny Devito's mouth. (The Big Kahuna). Watches stop, and slow down, but that doesn't matter because they are tracking something invisible.

Time is important. I feel that I have had this strange connection with time. Like I was in on its secret. I used to amaze my friends by telling them the time of day, no matter the situation, within five minutes either way. It might be the closest thing I have to a sixth sense. As of late I haven't been doing that. Maybe I have gotten careless, or even worse lazy. But it was never something that I had to condition for. It's not like I am trying to break world records.

I try to be on time. But I have never been too worried if I would make it there at the exact minute I am supposed to. I do like it when I can count down the seconds and then knock on the door of the person's house I was to visit. On the same side of the coin, I don't get mad when people are late, even by hours. I let people live their lives for the most part. However, the one thing I do think about is if that person is in danger. Luckily that hasn't happened.

Time doesn't exist yet it stresses so many people out. They watch clocks. I say you should pocket watches and let yourself feel the time. If it exists it will make itself known and then your worries will be absolved. Sure this may take some time but it will come and if time passes you by then that is what was meant to happen. Watch the sun, and look at the stars. Not only are they magnificent forces or wonders to behold and examined. They will also tell you what time it is. But they do it in whisper and song.

No comments:

Post a Comment