Sunday, November 22, 2009

Just to let you all know

If I become deathly ill it is because I have eaten strawberries, yes I do eat fruit, that may have been infected with mold. I didn't see the moldy one until I had eaten about seven or eight of them.

I just finished organizing my music collection, well for the most part. I was a little underwhelmed by the size I had. I thought I had a lot of music and I do, but the thing is I want more. I know how to get it. It's just that there is so much. I might need to scale it down. It is my biggest collection of anything I own. It is unstoppable. I am talking about the craving. I want to know the newest and latest music. However, even if it is hugely popular and I don't like it, I will keep it but won't listen to it. Vampire Weekend, they come to mind as being hugely overrated. They were hailed as the next great band but that was almost two years ago. Where have they been lately? This is just an example.

I like music. I love music. My dream job involves me getting paid to listen and write about music. I have applied to SPIN and URB magazine with no reply. This comes when unfortunately the magazine is going the way of the locomotive. We still have them but they are not glamorous and not the first choice for most. I still like trains.

To everyone out there, I am always open to new music, but you will have to earn my trust. I have to know that you are also into finding new music. Please don't tell me about Nickelback or Lady Gaga. Some have called me a music snob, and, actually I take that as a compliment. But if you think I am the worst one out there you are wrong. I am just on the cusp of the underground. I know a few things but I also know there is so much I don't know. I will always be a slave to music. I take pride in this. Music, the idea of it, is universal. Sure people have different tastes for the most part I will give leeway but I might also tell you about some different band that does what you like but better.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I miss my record collection, the way I miss my books and Cheers, and M*A*S*H*. (Is the correct way to punctuate after a star? I'm not sure if that is in the Chicago Manuel of Style.)

No comments:

Post a Comment